Thursday, December 14, 2017

Beauty Blender VS Miracle Complexion Sponge (Face Makeup for Candy Cane Post) ;)

Real Techniques Left Side of the Face and Beauty Blender Right Side of the Face


First I applied the Becca First Light Priming Filter all over the face. 

Then I used the RT sponge to do the left side of the face and the BB to do the right side of the face. 


The concealer I used for my eye primer and to carve out my brows. It is not pictured though. If you are interested in the eye-makeup. Check out the Candy Cane Makeup Tutorial!









The Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation was applied all over the face. Left side RT. Right side BB. 

Then taking a small stippling brush I applied the lightest shade of contour to my the hollows of my checks and forehead. 

Then taking a clean brush I applied the shade on the bottom right to the places I would highlight.  

Then I blended each side with their corresponding sponge. 







After applying a the Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder with a fluffy brush. 

I then applied the Wet n Wild Contour Palette in the shade Dulche De Leche in 3 shape on my face. 

After blending it out with a flat face brush I went into the Tarte Holiday Blush Palette ( I recommend buying this !) and applied the shade fortunate to the apples of my checks and blended it into my bronzer








Then taking a small highlighting I applied the Essence Pure Nude highlighter in shad 02 to my cheeks, nose, upper lip, and temples.

You can stop with the highlight at the Pure Nude highlight if you want.

I didn't think it was pigmented enough though, so I applied the Cover FX highlighting drops with the micro BB and micro RT sponge to the same area.

The shade is Moon Stone.

 The eye-makeup was finished. 

I applied NARS Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil as a liner, then the NYX Liquid Suede in Kitten Heels, and finally I topped it with a the Estee edit flash effect lip gloss.









Verdict : I personally prefer the BB over the RT sponge, because the BB provides a smoother coverage. The RT sponge however is a very close dupe. If you can't or just don't want to drop the $20 dollars for the BB the RT sponge is a great duplicate at a great cost. Save your money on the BB micro blender though, the RT micro actually preforms better in my opinion. 

Can you spot a difference? 

No comments:

Post a Comment