Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Glam, Good, or Gross? Revlon Color Stay Whipped



Revlon Color Stay Whipped 24hr Foundation

The Product:                                 T

 












The Price: $10.79 

Amount:  0.8 oz
Pros:  This foundation has a natural finish ( which I enjoy for everyday wear). It's very thick and mousee like which is great for normal skin because it just glides on the skin. The color is not patchy if you blend well. It sets rather quickly. The color does not oxidize a great amount, so what you see is what you get. This foundation is long wearing if you do not have oily skin.  

Cons:  This has major separation issues. I am an oily person in the warmer months, but tend to be normal in the winter. I really enjoy this foundation when my skin is drier, but forget about wearing this if you have the slightest "natural glow" to your skin or if you have extreme dry skin. I tend to find that it separates around my nose. It also starts to look cakey on my forehead because the product seems to cling together the longer you wear it around dry patches. I will say when I am not oily I can wear this foundation with around 8 hours before I notice it looking patchy and clingy. If I am oily the foundation has broken down in my T-zone and around my nose in around 5 hours. This foundation is very thick, but packs little coverage, As a result of it being thick it causes me to break out on my checks ( this can be prevented by using an acne fighting primer though I recommend Cover FX's ). The packaging on this is so bulky, and is not sanitary at all (another no go for anyone with acne prone skin) you have to dip your brush or fingers in the opening, which introduced bacteria and can present a very nasty breakout if not extremely cautious.

Verdict: Good/Gross. This is a hard verdict for me, because while this product can be an absolute nightmare on my skin, I have found that it works very well on others. (If you are interested in a wear test of this foundation with picture updates on oily and dry skin please comment below). If you are oily and acne prone this product would not work well for you. As for reasons previously mentioned. If you are extremely dry, you could probably wear this with a moisturizer and it'd look okay. Ideally I think anyone with normal skin would like this foundation because it does have a nice finish, but keep in mind it is very thick and has little coverage compared to original. Ultimately it's a decent foundation, but there are way better drugstore foundations out there. The Colorstay original is by far better, more light weight, an long lasting than this.

Tips:  For dry skin, apply this over a well moisturized face with a wet beauty blender. For oily skin, use a matte acne fighting primer to avoid breakouts and set with a powder to avoid breakdown . I recommend working in small sections and blending in circles to avoid the product setting before blended. 

Swatch/Texture: 
 













Shade:  Ivory. 
Shade selection is not very large as the darkest color is Caramel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment