Thursday, July 14, 2016

Glam, Good, or Gross? Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation Dewy + Smooth

The Good:  The foundation is light weight, has build-able coverage, smooth application, and as the name states a dewy finish. The shade selection is nice. The formula is very liquidy. The price is $5.59.

The Bad :  This makes me so oily. I have tried it with primers, setting sprays, and setting powders, but about an hour into the wear the "dewy" look turns into a full face of shine. About four hours in with no touch ups, the foundation is patchy and almost gone around my nose, mouth, and forehead. The smell is very strong floral mixed with a chemically undertone (this does fade after it dries).  The bottle has no pump.

Verdict:  GROSS. This is just not a good foundation if you have oily skin. I also do not think it would wear very nicely on combination skin either, but for those who have dry skin, this may work for you. Two hours into this foundation I ended up looking like a disco ball, no amount of blotting, resetting, or touching up could change that. I have topped it with a setting powder and a matte finishing spray to make it wearable through out my day. It enlarges my pores and also think it may be contributing to a few breakouts. Since I stopped wearing this my skin has calmed down quite a bit.  I also hate foundations in a glass bottle that do not have a pump. Its messy and not sanitary for people who have acne prone skin. The original was much better. Beware with shade selection, though the color range is good, they have mostly a pink undertone and oxidize slightly.  Honestly, if you want a dewy drugstore foundation that is amazing, L'Oreal True Match Lumi is it . It doesn't clog pores. break me out, and it has a great shade selection for all undertones! Definitely give it a try. 

Tips:  I prefer to apply this foundation with a wet make up sponge in thin layers. Brushes leave small strokes if not careful. I would also recommend if you don't have dry skin to set this with mattifying powder and finishing spray or it will be rubbing off and patchy in no time.  Also use a pore minimizing primer if you have bigger pores because this foundation does accentuate them.   

Product:  Shade 110 Porcelain



No comments:

Post a Comment